Saturday, October 30, 2021

Vietnamese Industrial Rock VS New Wave

Hello, this is Shere Thu Thuy.

Today, I am sharing a fan letter who submitted
his opinion to my music and career.
I thought it was hilarious. 
So, I thought to share
it with you guys. 

 WARNING!
Before reading this blog.
The language in this commentary may contain a few rock star hair rising surprises!  So, read with caution.


#54. Anonymous - Hello there, I'm Vietnamese and a rocker at heart. And I'm here because my brother is a big fan of yours and he talks about you all the time whenever the word Vietnamese new wave is mentioned. So, here is my story. One day, he said I should listen to your stuff, and I laughed at him because I'm a die heart rocker, and there was no way in hell that I was going to listen to that new wave shit! Sorry! That's what I said. I think it was on a Sunday morning (my weed smoking day) I felt bored and I was high enough to check your website, and I thought. Oh No! Another Vietnamese trying to show off their karaoke cover songs. And then! I clicked on your Industrial rock section and said. Ok! What the hell is this? And I opened your page. I was so fucking blown away and couldn't tell if I was still on your website, or if the weed I was smoking was some cheap bullshit stuff I bought. Anyway! I checked out one of your videos on youtube and then I found myself suddenly addicted like a crack head on heroin. Holy shit! Your rock music really separates you from all those prima donna Vietnamese pretentious female wannabes. I even went to your ReverbNation website and now I'm in love and convinced, that you are some kinda genius. And your music and vocals as a rocker kicks major ass! There is no other Vietnamese female vocalist ever who can even dream to do what you do as a musician and performer. And yes! I compared your credits to the other so-called Vietnamese new wave legends. They all suck! And you look and smell like the real deal and your '80s new wave music separates you from all the other Vietnamese performers. And yes! I was fried enough to view your new wave music too! Although, I must confess, I had to take a few more hits from my super boss Ganga weed before I did this. And my brother was right! I have to agree, you are the true '80s Vietnamese original new wave queen. You got it sister! BTW! I'm a close personal friend of Lynda Trang Dai and if she hears me say, "you're the true '80s Vietnamese new wave Legend" she would kill me, along with her husband. You are too much Shere, and now I'm in love with you. However, I wish you were still doing that fucking cool ass rock stuff. 




5 comments:

  1. The guy in this article sounds like my brother. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! This really got my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! This blog was so funny! The guy that wrote this reminds me of my Stoner sister. LOL! I have never laughed so much in my life. All joking aside he is a hundred percent right! You are a genius. Thanks for sharing. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Shere. I just opened your email and read your new blog. Ha ha ha ha! Awesome blog! In my younger days, I was also into hard-core rock music. In fact, that's why I started following you back in 2013. Ever since I saw you perform at Club Bar Sinister I've been a huge fan. Love your blogs girl friend! LOL! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! What the F**k! I just received your email. That must be the funniest blog ever! I love it! Oh yeah! Baby! You are the one and only Vietnamese who have that X factor! Rock it and never give up. You are my hero for sure. xoxox

    ReplyDelete